Post-WAKO post

I finally have time to post about my enjoyable time at the annual WAKO show.  As usual I manned the live foods table with Frank Kray.  The show seemed well attended to me, although there were fewer entries this year.  I certainly had fewer entries with just one as opposed to 12 last year.  However, I picked a good pair to bring and took 3rd in class 4.  This is the first time I've placed at WAKO in 8 years of attendance. 

I also picked up some new fish of course, but not as many as usual.  Brachyraphis roseni, Renova oscari, Epiplatys togolensis, and some half-moon genotype Betta splendens.  I've raised bettas on a number of occasions in the past, but since moving here in 2006 getting them to spawn has eluded me.  Not sure why.  I also picked up some cherry shrimp and assassin snails.  Everyone is doing fairly well so far.

Comments

Popular Posts