More fishroom happenings

Currently I have Geophagus sp. Red Head Tapajos and Chromidotilapia guentheri both holding eggs/fry.  I have fry of Melanotaenia praecox and Tanichthys micagemmae growing up.  And I've gotten my emperor tetras to spawn, although it seems like all of the eggs have fungused.  I still consider this a success, since I actually triggered a spawn.  Egg scatterers have always been difficult for me.  Triggering a good spawn rarely happens even with the easiest of them.  I've decided this is my winter to have at least minor success and will be concentrating on getting a number of characins and cyprinids to spawn.  Other attempts that are planned: marble hatchets, Brycinnus longipinnis, odessa barbs, celestial pearl danios, and maybe one or two others I pick up this winter. 

I had planned to only run 40-45 aquariums this winter, but after counting last night I am up to 45 already.  This number should fluctuate a little all winter as fry are moved from spawning/hatching tank to growout to permanent setup.

Comments

Popular Posts